Harrisonburg Real Estate Market Report: May 2024 [INFOGRAPHIC]

The housing market is still flourishing here in the Valley! New listings are up 12% YTD, and up 3% from last month. Buyer urgency, with homes closing in less than 30 days, has also increased 3% from last month. Total sales are up 8% from May 2023 and the average price per square foot is up 11% from last May; however it has decreased 1% from last month—a win for buyers! These market conditions present great opportunities for both buyers and sellers, making it an excellent time to enter the real estate market!

Want to know more about our dynamic real estate market? Consult with one of our real estate experts to get more specific insights into market conditions in your neighborhood and to help you make an informed decision about listing your home. We can provide guidance on pricing, marketing strategies, and the overall selling process tailored to your particular area. If you have any questions about putting your house on the market this year, please contact us!

If you're interested in starting the home search, we'd be more than happy to guide you through the ins and outs of purchasing from contract to closing. Stay tuned for more Market Trends… right here on Harrisonblog.

About Celeste Baker

Celeste graduated from the University of Virginia in 2011 with a bachelors degree in Sociology before starting her career in Real Estate Administration. Celeste assists the team of agents with transaction processing and marketing. Celeste Baker is a native of Woodbridge, VA. She moved to Harrisonburg in 2020 with her husband, Calvin, and their two children, after Calvin accepted a job with JMU. Go Dukes! Outside of the office, Celeste enjoys traveling with her family. She is a lover of books, as well as an amateur chef and gardener.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *